- ISBN: 9780133155716 | 0133155714
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 3/15/2013
This title is also available packaged with the Enhanced Pearson eText. To order the Enhanced Pearson eText packaged with a bound book, use ISBN 0133400719.
For college students who are becoming teachers, developing 21st century technology skills requires a dynamic shift in the way they think about and make use of technology in schools. Learning how to use computer hardware and software is less and less the primary goal. Instead, teachers and students need 21st century learning mindsets in which they are active users and assessors of technology. “21st century learning” means teachers prepare, deliver, and assess lessons differently while students think critically and creatively about the learning they do and the technologies they use. Pre-service teachers are coming to recognize that the 21st century approach to educational technology means understanding what interactive computer technologies can do and how to utilize them to create engaging, memorable learning experiences for students. The authors have written this book to help students to do just that.
The Second Edition provides essential coverage of New and Emerging Technologies including 21st century learning, tablet computers and apps, flipped classrooms, microblogging, online learning, virtual schools, digital citizenship, and digital video as well as expanded explorations of educational websites and software, learning games, digital portfolios, assistive technologies, and student participation systems. These additions let students learn about how the latest technologies can be used in schools to create successful learning experiences for K-12 students. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. The Enhanced Pearson eText may be purchased stand-alone or with a loose-leaf version of the text for 40-65% less than a print bound book.
* The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.