- ISBN: 9780134054889 | 0134054881
- Cover: Loose-leaf
- Copyright: 1/3/2016
Note: This is the loose-leaf version of Transforming Learning with New Technologies and does not include access to the Enhanced Pearson eText. To order the Enhanced Pearson eText packaged with the loose-leaf version, use ISBN 0134020634.
This new guide is packed with strategies and ideas on how teachers and students can use desktops, laptops, smartphones, tablets, apps, interactive educational websites, learning games, blogs and wikis, assistive technologies, digital portfolios, and many other new and emerging technologies to create highly interactive, inquiry-based teaching and learning experiences in K-12 schools. Transforming Learning with New Technologies is designed to help current and future teachers transform classrooms into technology-infused places of learning where adults and students work together as educational partners to understand and use technology to the best advantage. With its focus on the day-to-day realities of elementary and secondary schools, each chapter addresses the needs of future educators by providing thoughtful perspectives, instructional examples, descriptions of tools and apps, and technology-integrated lesson plans from across the curriculum for all grade levels, K through 12. The book emphasizes the new knowledge and expanded talents teachers and students who use technology need to have in order to develop in their future careers and social life–what the Partnership for 21st Century Skills calls the 3Rs (the changing content of the academic curriculum as schools move to include problem solving and inquiry learning in subject areas) and the 4Cs (the skills of critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and creativity). It shows how teaching and learning with the 3Rs and 4Cs helps teachers using technology prepare, deliver, and assess lessons differently, while students use technology to think critically and creatively about all learning they do. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video and assessments.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
* The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.