Trans-Siberian Handbook The guide to the world's longest railway journey with 90 maps and guides to the rout, cities and towns in Russia, Mongolia & China, by Thomas, Bryn
- ISBN: 9781905864560 | 1905864566
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 8/5/2014
A trip across Siberia on the longest continuous railway track in the world is undoubtedly the journey of a lifetime. It's also a convenient way to reach China, Mongolia or Japan. Tickets are not expensive or difficult to arrange.
This acclaimed guide shows you how to organise a trip, where to get tickets, where to stay and what to see.
- Practical information – planning your trip; what to take; getting to Russia from Europe, North America and Australasia
- Kilometre-by-kilometre route guides covering the entire routes of the Trans-Siberian, Trans-Manchurian, Trans-Mongolian and Siberian BAM railways with 49 strip maps in English, Russian and Chinese: see where you are as you travel.
- City guides and maps – the best sights, places to stay and restaurants for all budgets: Moscow, St Petersburg, Ulaan Baatar, Beijing and 32 towns in Siberia; plus Lake Baikal guide
- Siberia and the railway – the detailed history of Siberia, the construction and the running of the railway today are of great interest not only to visitors but also to armchair travellers.
- With 90 maps – plus timetables, fares, Russian & Chinese phrases
- New 9th edition a new 16pp color introduction and trip planner