Ultralight Survival Kit, by Lichter, Justin
- ISBN: 9780762790203 | 0762790202
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 2/1/2014
Ultralight Survival Kit is the first book of backpacking tips that is itself ultralight! It focuses on all of the skills and techniques that hikers and backpackers would want at their fingertips while in the outdoors. Perfect for backpackers from beginner to advanced, this book contains:
- Worst-case-scenario advice you’d want handy if stuck in a precarious situation.
- Tips for the most common trail concerns, from lightning to blisters.
- Suggestions for keeping your pack light or ultralight without sacrificing the must-haves
- Topics like: how to identify/treat reactions to poisonous plants, how to handle animal encounters, how to identify animal tracks, how to build a fire, need-to-know essential knots, how to predict weather patterns, how to repair or replace gear with limited materials, and how to deal with the elements when you don’t have a lot of gear on your back
The book is formatted to make learning easy and user-friendly. This pocket-size book of tips is convenient to carry with you should you desire, but also includes advice you can easily digest ahead of time than add weight to your pack. The information is time tested in more than 35,000 miles of hiking experience. Readers will be able to adapt their surroundings to the techniques shown in the book and safely overcome challenges that may otherwise have turned them back.