Understanding Human Differences Multicultural Education for a Diverse America, Loose-Leaf Version, by Koppelman, Kent L.
- ISBN: 9780133949841 | 0133949842
- Cover: Loose-leaf
- Copyright: 1/4/2016
Note: This is the loose-leaf version of Understanding Human Differences and does not include access to the Enhanced Pearson eText. To order the Enhanced Pearson eText packaged with the loose-leaf version, use ISBN 0134044312.
This well-written, accessible, widely popular resource uses a stimulating inquiry approach to engage readers in discussion and debate around the most critical issues of diversity in America. Grounded in research from behavioral and social sciences–including education, psychology, history, sociology, biology, anthropology, women’s studies, and ethnic studies–the book uses the question and answer format to bring real meaning and understanding to the topics.
The book’s conceptual framework focuses on culture, the individual, and institutions. The first section examines individual concerns, the second section describes the cultural/historical context, and the third section explores racism, classism, sexism, heterosexism, and ableism by addressing all three areas such as historical biases based on cultural norms, individual prejudices based on myths, misconceptions, and stereotypes about diverse groups, and how institutional discrimination advantages dominant group members and disadvantages oppressed groups. The last section focuses on changes already achieved or that need to be implemented in schools and other areas of society to create a more just society. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded videos and assessments.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
* The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.