- ISBN: 9781451191073 | 1451191073
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 10/9/2014
Develop the knowledge and skills you need to become a research-literate, evidence-based practitioner with this user-friendly book. Mirroring the way practicing nurses read research reports, the book begins with a research article’s conclusion—the section that most directly addresses the clinical meaning of a research study—and works “backward” through each section in the research article.
Organized around user-centered questions, such as how conclusions were reached, which patients the conclusions apply to, and how the study was done, each chapter begins with a clinical case that identifies the clinical question the nurse is seeking to answer and one or two published research articles that directly relate to the clinical case.
- See the relevance of research to clinical practice through the authors’ unique approach that helps you learn about research methodology in a natural, intuitive way.
- Explore the ways that becoming research literate will help your clinical practice with Rebar & Gersch Evidence-Based Bridge Theory.
- Increase your understanding of difficult, abstract concepts through visually dynamic graphics.
- Broaden your knowledge with enhanced coverage of two important forms of nursing research—systematic reviews and mixed method research, including the AAAAA Evidence-Based Practice Model.
- Become a savvy consumer of research with an easy-to-understand review of the basic statistical information necessary for interpreting research studies.
- Access clinical cases that reflect nursing practice in a variety of settings, from acute care to public health and across a range of specialties.
- Find the information you need fast with anytime, anywhere access to the fully searchable text online.