- ISBN: 9780134275239 | 0134275233
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 1/12/2017
For nearly forty years, Understanding and Using English Grammar has been the go-to grammar resource for students and teachers alike. Its time-tested approach blends direct grammar instruction with carefully sequenced practice to develop all language skills.
New to This Edition
- Pretests at the start of each chapter enable learners to check what they already know.
- Updated grammar charts reflect current usage and highlight differences between written and spoken English.
- A variety of high-interest readings include reviews, articles on current topics, and blogs that focus on student success.
- Additional incremental practice helps learners better grasp concepts, while thematic exercises and integrated tasks offer more contextualized language use.
- Step-by-step writing activities are supported by writing tips and pre-writing and editing tasks.
- New Essential Online Resources include Student Book audio, Student Book answer key, Grammar Coach videos, and self-assessments.