- ISBN: 9780205962440 | 0205962440
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 12/30/2013
Explore the changing nature of the West
Rather than looking at Western civilization only as the history of Europe from ancient times to the present, this groundbreaking book examines the changing nature of the West—how the definition of the West has evolved and has been transformed throughout history. It explores the ways Western civilization has changed as a result of cultural encounters with different beliefs, ideas, technologies, and peoples, both outside the West and within it. Presenting a balanced treatment of political, social, religious, and cultural history, this text emphasizes the ever-shifting boundaries of the geographic and cultural realm of the West.
MyHistoryLab is an integral part of the Levack program. Key learning applications include Closer Looks, MyHistoryLibrary, and writing assessment.
A better teaching and learning experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students. Here’s how:
- Personalize Learning– MyHistoryLab is online learning. MyHistoryLab engages students through personalized learning and helps instructors from course preparation to delivery and assessment.
- Improve Critical Thinking–Critical thinking questions throughout the text help students focus on what they need to learn.
- Engage Students–Fine art and photos engage students in the material.
- Support Instructors– A full set of supplements, including MyHistoryLab, provides instructors with all the resources and support they need.
Note: MyHistoryLab does not come automatically packaged with this text.