Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
- ISBN: 9781496310118 | 149631011X
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 10/29/2015
West’s Respiratory Physiology: The Essentials is the gold standard text for learning respiratory physiology quickly and easily. This highly readable, must-have text serves as an introduction to students and a review for licensing and other exams. The Tenth Edition features the addition of Dr. Andrew M. Luks as co-author along with new clinical vignettes, additional multiple-choice review questions, and updated information on key topics in respiratory physiology, such as blood flow and metabolism, gas transport by the blood, and the physiology of high altitude.
- New! Clinical vignettes with questions emphasize how the physiology described can be applied to clinical situations and reinforce reasoning and critical thinking.
- More than 100 multiple-choice questions with full explanations provide self-testing of key concepts for comprehension and exam preparation.
- Clinical boxes and Key Concepts summaries provide bullet-point reviews.
- Appendices of important equations and answers to all questions are easily referenced.
- Online resources include animations that expand on and clarify challenging topics, an interactive question bank, and lectures by Dr. West.