Working in the Cloud Using Web-Based Applications and Tools to Collaborate Online, by Rich, Jason R.
- ISBN: 9780789759023 | 0789759020
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 10/3/2017
All anyone needs to succeed with today’s cloud productivity and collaboration tools
Clearly explains the cloud concepts and terminology you need to know Helps you choose your best options for managing data, content, and collaboration Shows how to use cloud services more securely and efficiently
Today’s cloud-based collaboration and productivity tools can help companies work together more effectively at a lower cost. But wideranging choices and enormous hype make it tough to choose your best solutions. In Working in the Cloud, Jason R. Rich demystifies your options, introduces each leading tool, reviews their pros and cons, and offers tips for using them more successfully.
This book covers Box, Cisco WebEx, DocuSign, Dropbox, Dropbox Paper, Evernote, Google Docs, Google Drive, Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, Microsoft Office 365, Salesforce.com, Skype for Business, Slack, Trello, and more. Throughout, he offers practical guidance on adjusting everyday workflows and processes to make the most of them.
You’ll learn how to enforce security in the cloud, manage small group collaborations, customize tools to your unique needs, and achieve real-time collaboration with employees, partners, and customers across virtually all devices: PCs, Macs, tablets, and smartphones. If you’re ready to take full advantage of the cloud but don’t know how, get Working in the Cloud: It’s all you’ll need to know.
- Compare the resources you need to implement each cloud solution
- Organize data, documents, and files for easiest access
- Get access to your tools and content wherever you go
- Make sure your cloud-based appsand tools work together smoothly
- Enforce security and privacy using encryption and other technologies
- Plan security strategies for team leaders, members, and collaborators
- Encourage new workstyles to make the most of cloud collaboration
- Use Office 365 and/or Google G Suite for content creation, management, and collaboration
- Collaborate in large groups with WebEx, Exchange, SharePoint, and Slack
- Share, synchronize, and collaborate on content with Box and Dropbox
- Connect your sales team with Salesforce
- Take notes and stay organized with Evernote
- Securely review, edit, digitally sign, and share documents with DocuSign
- Manage tasks and projects visually with Trello
- Improve communication and reduce costs with Skype
- Discover tips and tricks for better, simpler, real-time collaboration