Xcode 5 Start To Finish iOS and OS X Development, by Anderson, Fritz
- ISBN: 9780321967206 | 0321967208
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 5/6/2014
Use Xcode 5 to Write Great iOS and OS X Apps!
Xcode 5 Start to Finish will help you use the tools in Apple’s Xcode 5 to improve productivity, write great code, and leverage the newest iOS 7 and OS X Mavericks features.
Drawing on thirty years of experience developing for Apple platforms and helping others do so, Fritz Anderson shows you a complete best-practice Xcode workflow. Through three full sample projects, you’ll learn to integrate testing, source control, and other key skills into a high-efficiency process that works.
Anderson shows you better ways to storyboard, instrument, build, and compile code, and helps you apply innovations ranging from Quick Look to Preview Assistant. By the time you’re finished, you’ll have the advanced Xcode skills to develop outstanding software.
- Setting breakpoints and tracing execution for active debugging
- Creating libraries by adding and building new targets
- Integrating Git or Subversion version control
- Creating iOS projects with MVC design
- Designing Core Data schemas for iOS apps
- Linking data models to views
- Designing UI views with Interface Builder
- Using the improved Xcode 5 Autolayout editor
- Improving reliability with unit testing
- Simplifying iOS provisioning
- Leveraging refactoring and continual error checking
- Using OS X bindings, bundles, packages, frameworks, and property lists
- Localizing your apps
- Controlling how Xcode builds source code into executables
- Analyzing processor and memory usage with Instruments
- Integrating with Mavericks Server’s sleek continuous integration system
Register your book at www.informit.com/register for access to this title’s downloadable code.