Your First Sailboat, Second Edition, by Spurr, Daniel
- ISBN: 9780071813471 | 0071813470
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 4/9/2014
Praise for Your First Sailboat
"Here's a book for first-time sailboat buyers that offers practical information they can really use to ease the transition to boat ownership. The buying guide to 84 of the more popular used sailboats will be particularly helpful when making the rounds at the boatyard." -- Cruising World
"Spurr strikes just the right balance in this book of logic, education, and humor, without ever talking down to the reader." -- Latitude 38
"Have fun. Save time. Save money. This book omits everything you don’t need to know." -- Great Lakes Boating
- Can a keelboat tip over?
- How can I determine what boat I want?
- Once I do, what's a fair price to pay for it?
- Should I buy it new or used?
- How can I tell the difference between a used boat and one that's used up?
- Now that I have it, how can I start sailing quickly and safely?
Your First Sailboat has answers to all your questions about selecting, buying, maintaining, and using your first boat. This user-friendly guide covers issues that other books ignore, including how to choose between a trailer sailer, daysailer, raceboat, cruiser, or multihull; what hull material is best for your first boat; whether to buy new or used; where to shop; how to judge quality and condition; where to keep your new boat; and what to do about gear, loans, insurance, and annual maintenance. Special features of this second edition include:
- An up-to-date descriptive buying guide to 84 recommended sailboats of all types and sizes, from daysailers to racers, cruisers, and multihulls
- How-Do-I? sections that cover boat handling, maintenance, and navigation
- What-If? segments that cover a variety of worst-case scenarios that you may worry about--from getting lost, to sinking, and when to look for the next sailboat!
Straightforward and fun, Your First Sailboat gives you just what you need to stop asking questions and start sailing.