- ISBN: 9780133047028 | 0133047024
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 1/10/2014
As the cultural diversity of the United States continues to increase, the issues surrounding multiculturalism continue to be of great importance. With updates throughout and a fresh, new design, the Fourth Edition of American Ways retains its values-based perspective in examining what makes the U.S. unique -- and how traditional values influence various aspects of American life such as religion, business, government, race relations, education, recreation, and family.
- Includes enhanced focus on critical thinking, including assessing information, comparing alternative points of view, identifying potential problems and solutions, and being a questioning reader.
- Provides more explicit development of reading skills (skimming, scanning, predicting, and understanding main ideas and details).
- Features an expanded writing section (identifying and organizing academic information into main ideas and supporting details, often preceded by discussion, research, and completion of graphic organizers).
- Incorporates many new sources, poll data, and information on challenges such as rising national debt, gun violence, and immigration reform.