The Art of Coaching Teams, by Aguilar, Elena
- ISBN: 9781118984154 | 1118984153
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 2/29/2016
The Art of Coaching Teams is the manual you never received when you signed on to lead a team. Being a great teacher is one thing, but leading a team, or team development, is an entirely different dynamic. Your successes are public, but so are your failures—and there's no specific rubric or curriculum to give you direction. Team development is an art form, and this book is your how-to guide to doing it effectively. You'll learn the administrative tasks that keep your team on track, and you'll gain access to a wealth of downloadable tools that simplify the "getting organized" process. Just as importantly, you'll explore what it means to be the kind of leader that can bring people together to accomplish difficult tasks. You'll find practical suggestions, tools, and clear instructions for the logistics of team development as well as for building trust, developing healthy communication, and managing conflict.
Inside these pages you'll find concrete guidance on:
- Designing agendas, making decisions, establishing effective protocols, and more
- Boosting your resilience, understanding and managing your emotions, and meeting your goals
- Cultivating your team's emotional intelligence and dealing with cynicism
- Utilizing practical tools to create a customized framework for developing highly effective teams
There is no universal formula for building a great team, because every team is different. Different skills, abilities, personalities, and goals make a one-size-fits-all approach ineffective at best. Instead, The Art of Coaching Teams provides a practical framework to help you develop your group as a whole, and keep the team moving toward their common goals.