A Companion to the Horror Film, by Benshoff, Harry M.
Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
- ISBN: 9781119335016 | 1119335019
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 1/17/2017
This cutting-edge collection features original essays by eminent scholars on one of cinema's most dynamic and enduringly popular genres, covering everything from the history of horror movies to the latest critical approaches.
- Contributors include many of the finest academics working in the field, as well as exciting younger scholars
- Varied and comprehensive coverage, from the history of horror to broader issues of censorship, gender, and sexuality
- Covers both English-language and non-English horror film traditions
- Key topics include horror film aesthetics, theoretical approaches, distribution, art house cinema, ethnographic surrealism, and horror's relation to documentary film practice
- A thorough treatment of this dynamic film genre suited to scholars and enthusiasts alike