Contrastes Grammaire du franšais courant Plus MyFrenchLab (one semester) -- Access Card Package, by Rochat, Denise
- ISBN: 9780205967407 | 020596740X
- Cover: Paperback w/ Access Card
- Copyright: 3/4/2013
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson’s MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a high risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
The 2nd edition of Contrastes: grammaire du français courant remains what it originally set out to be: a comprehensive French grammar review geared specifically to English-speakers with some exposure to the French language. Written in French (with occasional footnotes and explanations in English), it is meant for those who have already acquired a foundation in French, but who need a tool to help them review and expand upon what they already know to improve their mastery of complex grammar rules and formations.
- Written in French, with idiomatic North-American translations of all examples.
- Nota Bene helps students focus on correcting the most common mistakes by drawing attention to exceptions, contrasts, or frequent errors.
- Charts and Tableaux synthétiques allow visual learners to grasp information at a glance.
- Generous lists of frequently used verbs, helpful vocabulary, and familiar idiomatic expressions within the chapters make for easier learning and retention.
- Systematic comparative approach provides a wealth of examples that establish points of comparison and contrast between confusing structures in French and English and focus on correcting the most common mistakes.
- Thorough yet versatile and adaptable text that is useful in intermediate, advanced, culture, grammar, translation, or graduate courses, or on its own as a grammar reference.
- Short verification exercises are designed to help students master key concepts and rules and build confidence as they move from simple to complex structures.
- Accompanying Workbook, cross-referenced with the textbook, closely follows the presentation of each chapter and provides ample opportunity for additional practice.