- ISBN: 9781719646420 | 1719646422
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 5/26/2022
Perfect for this student nurse! “Seriously, I love this book. It has already helped me ace 2 assignments! Definitely a must-have for student nurses.”—Amy L., Online Student Reviewer
SAFETY FIRST WITH ‘CURE & CARE’!
Davis’s Canadian Drug Guide for Nurses®, Eighteenth Edition delivers everything you need to administer medications safely across the lifespan—643 well-organized monographs encompassing hundreds of generic drugs and thousands of trade names. Its nursing-focused Cure & Care’ approach explains what the drug does and describes what the nurse does and how the nursing process relates to the pharmacotherapeutics.
FREE DIGITAL ACCESS
An access code inside new, printed texts unlocks your one-year, FREE 1-year subscription to DrugGuide.com, Davis’s Drug Guide Online, powered by Unbound Medicine, information on more than 5,000 trade names and generic drugs, as well as audio pronunciations and color photographs, all updated regularly.
LIFE-SAVING GUIDANCE AT A GLANCE
- In-depth coverage of patient safety, red tab for high-alert medications, red, capitalized letters for life-threatening side effects, and REMS (Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies) icon
- Special considerations for patient populations
- Icon highlighting pharmacogenomic content
- IV administration coverage
- Patient and family teaching guidance
- Canadian-specific content
- Monographs on drugs approved for use in Canada that are not FDA-approved for use in the U.S.
- Additional Canadian trade names for many US-approved generic drugs, identified by a maple leaf icon
- A summary of the similarities and differences between pharmaceutical practices in the U.S. and Canada
- Canadian educators and reviewers
FREE ONLINE LEARNING, CARE PLANNING & PATIENT EDUCATION TOOLS
- Audio Pronunciation Library of 1,200+ drug names
- Tutorials with self-tests, Preventing Medication Errors and Psychotropic Drugs
- Calculators for body mass index (BMI), metric conversions, IV drip rates, dosage/KG and Fahrenheit/Celsius.
- Interactive Case Studies, each followed by a series of questions
- Eight audio podcasts covering must-know information, concepts, and considerations for safe drug administration
- Video clips illustrating the safe administration of medications