Diversity Consciousness Opening Our Minds to People, Cultures, and Opportunities Plus NEW MyLab Student Success Update -- Access Card Package, by Bucher, Richard D.
- ISBN: 9780134041902 | 0134041909
- Cover: Package
- Copyright: 8/26/2014
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
For courses in Success/Orientation, Diversity (ie. Managing Diversity), Race and Ethnic Relations, Cultural Diversity in the Workplace, Multiculturalism and Inclusion (ie. leadership, group dynamics, teaching, social media/networking), Education, Nursing, Human Relations, Communications, Hospitality, Social Work/Family Therapy/Human Services, EMS and Fire Science, Counseling, Criminal Justice, Social Justice/Equity; also for teacher-training education courses, and staff/professional development workshops.
This work on human diversity integrates personal and organizational perspectives, research, and theories while discussing teamwork, communication, leadership, conflict, social networking, and other issues in the workplace, at school, and in the community.
Diversity Consciousness empowers students by helping them develop a "mind-set" which will enable them to be more successful in the 21st century. MyStudentSuccessLab (www.mystudentsuccesslab.com) helps students to 'Start strong, Finish stronger' by acquiring the skills they need to succeed for ongoing personal and professional development.
Teaching & Learning Experience: Diversity for Personal and Professional Success
On both a cognitive and affective level, it takes students on a journey of learning. This program provides:
· Personalized Learning with MyStudentSuccessLab: Whether face-to-face or online, MyStudentSuccessLab helps students build the skills they need through peer-led video interviews, interactive practice exercises, and activities that provide academic, life, and professionalism skills.
· Personal and Professional Relevance: Ignites student’s curiosity and questions about the nature and critical importance of diversity and diversity consciousness to off-set passive learning.
· End-of-Chapter applications: Reinforces learning and develops diversity consciousness through real-life case studies, thought provoking questions, and a variety of activities (ie. experiential , online, research-oriented). Challenges students to examine their beliefs in a supportive context.
· References and Research: Empirically grounded; integrates current research studies and data throughout.
Visit Rich Bucher's blog on diversity consciousness and cultural intelligence at www.diversityconsciousness.com/blog
Note: This is the standalone book, if you want the book and access code order the ISBN below:
0321970144 / 9780321970145 Diversity Consciousness: Opening our Minds to People, Cultures, and Opportunities Plus NEW MyStudentSuccessLab 2013 Update -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0321919068 / 9780321919069 Diversity Consciousness: Opening our Minds to People, Cultures, and Opportunities
0321943252 / 9780321943255 NEW MyStudentSuccessLab 2013 Update -- Valuepack Access Card