Dynamic Social Studies, by Maxim, George W.
- ISBN: 9780134286716 | 0134286715
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 1/3/2017
NOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For courses in Elementary Social Studies Methods.
Note: This is the bound book only and does not include access to the Enhanced Pearson eText. To order the Enhanced Pearson eText packaged with a bound book, use ISBN 0134286642.
A practical guide that helps elementary social studies teachers activate a dynamic learning experience, inspiring children to understand and participate in the world around them.
Practical and dynamic are the hallmarks of the popular Dynamic Social Studies , and this new edition steps up its focus with a fresh design and a number of updates that give readers a clear vision of the most effective ways to teach social studies to elementary school students—with the hope of inspiring them to become informed, rational, and culturally responsive citizens. Using a constructivist framework, key instructional approaches, literacy-based pedagogy, text sets, activities, and illustrative classroom scenarios, the book focuses on motivation, creativity, and the excellent examples of experienced teachers to help readers breathe life into their social studies teaching.
In addition to new, authentic classroom scenarios, the Eleventh Edition also includes four new chapters (5-8) that reflect current best practices and align to the College, Career, and Civic Life (C3) Framework for Social Studies Standards, and the Common Core Standards. Current, practical, and dynamic, this book provides the foundation that pre- and in-service teachers need to create the most effective, creative elementary social studies classrooms. The Enhanced Pearson eText version includes embedded video examples, video exploration exercises, and self-check quizzes.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.*
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.**
- Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
* The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.