The Guidebook to Sociolinguistics, by Bell, Allan
Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
- ISBN: 9780631228660 | 0631228667
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 9/23/2013
The Guidebook to Sociolinguistics presents a comprehensive introduction to the main concepts and terms of sociolinguistics, and of the goals, methods, and findings of sociolinguistic research.
- Introduces readers to the methodology and skills of doing hands-on research in this field
- Features chapter-by-chapter classic and contemporary case studies, exercises, and examples to enhance comprehension
- Offers wide-ranging coverage of topics across sociolinguistics. It begins with multilingualism, and moves on through language choice and variation to style and identity
- Takes students through the challenges involved in conducting their own research project
- Written by one of the leading figures in sociolinguistics