The Hummus Cookbook Deliciously Different Ways With The Versatile Classic, by Lewis, Sara
- ISBN: 9780754832836 | 075483283X
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 4/4/2017
The classic chickpea dip, originally a staple peasant
food in the Middle East, is universally loved around the
world. Currently enjoying a resurgence as a fashionable
superfood this spoonable blend not only tastes good but
is healthy too – it contains smart carbs that are slow to
digest, so leaving you feeling fuller for longer, as well as
being low in fat and a good source of protein and fibre.
Incredibly easy to make at home, the results are so much
better than shop-bought. Sara Lewis has researched,
tested and tasted traditional hummus recipes from lemon
and olive oil to Turkish hot buttered and also created new
blends such as red beet, and kale and lemon.
• How to make classic hummus, with over 45 recipes for
all the traditional chickpea dips as well as variations made
with white beans, black beans, mung beans and peas.
• Techniques, tips and practical guidance, from soaking
and cooking the pulses to blending and garnishing.
• Tempting ideas for incorporating all kinds of other
delicious ingredients into your hummus.
• Using hummus in healthy meals and snacks.
• Recipes for making your own tahini, harissa, za'atar,
chermoula and tarator, and for flatbreads, crisp-thin
lavash, and yeast-free and gluten-free breads.