Introduction to Health Promotion, by Snelling, Anastasia M.
- ISBN: 9781118455296 | 1118455290
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 9/9/2014
Introduction to Health Promotion gives students a working knowledge of health promotion concepts and methods and their application to health and health behaviors, with a special emphasis on the philosophical and theoretical foundations of health promotion. The textbook also identifies and discusses the innovative health campaigns, strategies, and policies being implemented and enacted to improve health behaviors and practices that ultimately improve quality of life. Written by a professor with more than two decades of experience teaching and researching health promotion, this comprehensive resource goes beyond the basics, delving into issues such as the application of behavior change theories, planning models, and current wellness topics like nutrition, physical activity, and emotional well-being, among others.
- Provides a clear introduction to the most essential topics in health promotion and education
- Explains behavior change theories and program planning models
- Explores health promotion's role tackling issues of stress, tobacco use, eating behaviors, and physical activity
- Includes chapters dedicated to professions, settings, and credentials available in the health promotion field
- Looks at future trends of health promotion
Ideal for students in health promotion, health education, and public health fields, Introduction to Health Promotion prepares students with a comprehensive overview of the foundations, history, and current perspectives of health promotion, as well as its key methods and applications.