- ISBN: 9780132739276 | 0132739275
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 1/21/2014
A market-leading introduction to all things food.
Introductory Foods, 14e, is a market-leading introduction to the fundamental principles of food preparation and the many innovations and emerging trends in food science and technology. The text explores the “how’s and why’s” of food preparation and integrates food preparation, science, technology, safety, government regulation, and consumption trends while imparting an appreciation for the role food plays in human life, culture, and health.Chapters follow a scientific approach to examine ingredients and techniques used in food preparation. Introductory Foods is ideal for introductory courses in food preparation for students studying nutrition and dietetics, hospitality management, family and consumer science education, and culinary arts.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This text will provide a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students. It provides:
- A practical perspective: Chapters help students connect text material to the real world.
- Broad coverage for well-rounded understanding: Comprehensive coverage gives students the whole picture.
- Emphasis on current issues: Extensively updated content keeps students abreast of current issues and trends in the field.
- Student- and instructor-friendly resources. Numerous features facilitate both learning and teaching.