Learning the Language of Addiction Counseling, by Miller, Geri
- ISBN: 9781118721773 | 1118721772
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 9/9/2014
FULLY REVISED, COMPREHENSIVE, AND PRACTICAL
Learning the Language of Addiction Counseling, Fourth Edition introduces counselors, social workers, and students to the field of addiction counseling and helps them acquire the knowledge and develop the skills needed to counsel individuals who are caught in the destructive cycle of addiction.
Drawing from her years of experience working in the addiction-counseling field, Geri Miller provides an engaging, balanced overview of the major theoretical foundations and clinical best practices in the field.
Fully updated, the Fourth Edition offers a positive, practice-oriented counseling framework and features:
- A research-based, clinical application approach to addiction counseling that practitioners can turn to for fundamental, practical, clinical guidelines
- Revised chapters that reflect important changes in research and practice, including new DSMTM-5 criteria, new assessment instruments, and new and expanded treatments
- Case studies, interactive exercises, end-of-chapter questions, and other resources that facilitate the integration of knowledge into practice
- “Personal Reflections” sections at the beginning of each chapter provide an invaluable, unique perspective on the author’s evolving views of addiction counseling
- Updated and expanded online Instructor’s Manual that includes brief video clips, PowerPoint® slides, test bank questions for each chapter, and sample syllabi
From assessment and diagnosis of addiction to preparing for certification and licensure as an addiction professional, this comprehensive book covers all of the essentials.