- ISBN: 9781787014190 | 1787014193
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 6/19/2018
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet's Cruise Ports Alaska is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Watch the skyscrapers of downtown Vancouver disappear behind the trees of Stanley Park as you glide beneath the Lion's Gate Bridge, relive the wild drama of the gold rush era in Skagway, nose around Cold War relics amidst giant glaciers in Whittier -all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of Alaska and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Cruise Ports Alaska:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, architecture, politics, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, customs, etiquette
- Over 35 color maps
- Covers Seattle, Vancouver, Ketchikan, Sitka, Juneau, Glacier Bay National Park, Icy Strait Point, Petersburg, Haines, Skagway, Whittier, Seward, Anchorage, Denali National Park
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Cruise Ports Alaska, our easy-to-use guide, filled with inspiring and colorful photos, focuses on Alaska's most popular attractions for those looking for the best of the best.
Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Alaska guide for a comprehensive look at all that the Alaska has to offer.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveler since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and phrasebooks for 120 languages, and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travelers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, 12 international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more, enabling you to explore every day. Lonely Planet enables the curious to experience the world fully and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves, near or far from home.
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves, it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)