Lonely Planet the Joy of Water, by Lonely Planet
- ISBN: 9781838690465 | 1838690468
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 5/19/2020
Idyllic wild swimming holes, alluring lakes and magical coves; discover more than 60 locations around the world to experience The Joy of Water with this inspirational new book from Lonely Planet. Tap into the 'water wellness' trend with personal stories about the best places to take a dip and forge a stronger connection to the elements through joyful interactions with water.
Divided into five chapters (Africa, the Americas, Asia, Europe and Oceania), journey to some of the world's most far-flung corners in the search of sublime aquatic experiences, whether that's for relaxing, contemplation or adventure. From wild swims off Britain's remotest beach and coral reef-fuelled snorkelling trips in idyllic Mozambique, to sumptuous soaks in Iceland's geothermally-heated pools and chill-out time with non-stinging jellyfish in Palau's magical hidden lake, no corner is left unexplored.
With exquisite full-colour photography throughout and expert advice from Lonely Planet's seasoned travel writers, be inspired to experience The Joy of Water all over the globe.
Featured experiences include:
- Peering down a 354-foot drop from your spot atop Victoria Falls' thrilling infinity pool in Zambia
- Swimming in the sacred River Ganges as it bursts from the Himalaya and enters into India's rolling plains
- Snorkelling with the world's largest fish, the mighty whale shark, in the kaleidoscopic coral reefs of Ningaloo off western Australia
- Kayaking through the magical Fairy Pools on Scotland's windswept Isle of Skye
- Cooling off with a dip in Guatemala's tranquil and jungle-clad swimming pools in Semuc Champey
- Gazing at the hypnotising beauty of the surrounding mountains from Oregon's Crater Lake, the deepest in the United States of America
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You'll also find our content online, on mobile, video and in 14 languages, 12 international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.