Molecular & Cell Biology for Dummies, by Kratz, Rene Fester
- ISBN: 9781119620402 | 1119620406
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 4/14/2020
Your insider guide to the stuff of life
3.8 billion years old and counting, there’s more than a little to know about the fundamentals of how life works. This friendly guide takes you from the primordial soup to the present, explaining how specialized cells have given rise to everything living, from the humblest amoeba to walking, talking human beings. Whether you’re enrolled in a cell or molecular biology course and need a straightforward overview, or are just curious about the latest advances, this fully updated edition is your all-access ticket to our inner world.
Molecular & Cell Biology For Dummies decodes jargon and theories that can tax even the most devoted student. It covers everything from basic principles to how new technology, genetic testing, and microarray techniques are opening up new possibilities for research and careers. It also includes invaluable tips on how to prepare for—and ace—your exams!
- Explore the structure and function of the cells—and find out why cellular context is crucial to the study of disease
- Discover how molecular biology can solve world problems
- Understand how DNA determines traits and is regulated by cells
- Enhance your knowledge and results with online resources and study tips
From microscopic details to macro concepts, this book has something for you.