The Power of Choice Embracing Efficacy to Drive Your Career, by Hyter, Michael C.
- ISBN: 9781119780922 | 1119780926
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 12/30/2020
Straightforward advice for navigating the challenges facing professionals who are underrepresented in the leadership of today’s organizations
Michael Hyter is one of the nation’s highest regarded executives of color, and a widely respected thought leader in the area of talent development and leadership succession. To get there, he worked hard and made his work count through Efficacy. In The Power of Choice he reveals the lessons he learned along the way—putting you on the fast track to career success.
This book provides answers to the questions you might face as you immerse yourself in an often confusing and challenging workplace culture. It is about how to take informed personal responsibility for your career. Inside, you’ll find an open and frank discussion of how you can—and must, if you want to succeed!—make deliberate choices about who you are and how to represent yourself in your career. You’ll learn how to open doors for yourself (rather than waiting for others to open them for you), choose what’s important to you, and decide how you will achieve your goals.
- Learn how to choose greatness by embracing efficacy to make the most of your time and energy
- Take your career into your own hands with inspiration from others who have made it
- Discover how embracing personal responsibility can create the opportunities you’ve dreamed of
- Gain deep insights into your own mind and make the right decisions to get where you’re going
Yes, for those of us who are underrepresented talent, there are tradeoffs to finding success in today’s workplace culture. If you rise to the challenge, you stand a good chance of reaching your full potential—both professionally and personally.