- ISBN: 9781975150198 | 1975150198
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 3/10/2021
Lippincott® Connect Featured Title
Purchase of the new print edition of this Lippincott® Connect title includes access to the digital version of the book, plus related materials such as videos and multiple-choice Q&A and self-assessments.
The flagship title from the prestigious American College of Sports Medicine, this critical handbook delivers scientifically based, evidence-informed standards to prepare you for success.
Providing succinct summaries of recommended procedures for exercise testing and exercise prescription in healthy and diseased patients, this trusted manual is an essential resource for all exercise professionals, as well as other health professionals who may counsel patients on exercise including physicians, nurses, physician assistants, physical and occupational therapists, dieticians, and health care administrators. The extensively updated eleventh edition has been reorganized for greater clarity and integrates the latest Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans.
- UPDATED! Integrated guidelines, including the 2018 Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans, reflect the most current, clinically sound approaches to exercise testing and prescription.
- NEW! Chapter on conditions that affect the brain familiarizes students with specific strategies for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, autism, depression and anxiety.
- UPDATED! Enhanced organization helps students find information quickly and easily.
- FITT (Frequency, Intensity, Time, Type) boxes make locating critical exercise prescription information quick and easy.
- Revised appendices integrate valuable information on ECGs, medication and emergency management where it is most relevant. A new appendix on metabolic equations is included.
- Additional boxes, tables, and figures highlight important concepts and approaches at a glance.
- Full access to the digital version of the book with the ability to highlight and take notes on key passages for a more personal, efficient study experience.
- Carefully curated resources, such as interactive diagrams, audio and video tutorials, and self-assessment, all designed to facilitate further comprehension.
- Pool content from books across your entire library into self-created Study Collections based on discipline, procedure, organ, concept or other topics.
- Display related text passages, video clips and self-assessment questions from each book (if available) for efficient absorption of material.
- Annotate and highlight key content for easy access later.
- Navigate seamlessly between book chapters, sections, self-assessments, notes and highlights in a single view/page.