- ISBN: 9780131500860 | 0131500864
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 12/29/2004
American Ways: An Introduction to American Culture, Third Edition, by Maryanne Kearny Datesman, JoAnn Crandall, and Edward N. Kearny, focuses on the traditional values that have attracted people to the United States for well over 200 years and traces the effects of these values on American life.
Chapter themes include diversity, the family, education, government and politics, religion, business, and recreation. Cross-cultural activities --- from discussion topics to writing projects --- encourage high-intermediate to advanced students to compare their own values with those discussed in the readings.
New to the Third Edition:
- Expanded pre-reading exercises preview the chapter content and Academic Word List vocabulary.
- Improve Your Reading Skills helps students become independent readers.
- Build Your Vocabulary features collocations and exercises that expand on the Academic Word List.
- New Internet activities offer opportunities for further research and study.