Antitrust Analysis: Problems, Text, and Cases, Eighth Edition, by Areeda, Phillip; Kaplow, Louis; Edlin, Aaron S.; Hemphill, C. Scott
- ISBN: 9781543804393 | 154380439X
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 9/15/2021
Distinguished authorship characterizes Antitrust Analysis: Problems, Text, and Cases, first written by Phil Areeda, the leading antitrust commentator of the 20th century. The text continues to be revised by three of the leading lawyer economists of the early 21st century. This traditional casebook is also known for its pedagogy (cases, explanatory text, and problems) and insightful text that conveys essential background information along with necessary economic principles. Recognizing that the most important development in antitrust doctrine over the past fifty years is the increasingly central role of economic analysis, the authors take great care to convey economic learning to students in plain language with a minimum of technical apparatus, resulting in a powerful volume adopted by experienced instructors and first-time teachers alike. Helpful appendices include Selected Statutes, such as the Sherman Act, the Clayton Act, and the Federal Trade Commission Act.
New to the Eighth Edition:
- The addition of C. Scott Hemphill as a co-author, adding to the already distinguished author team.
- Since the last edition, antitrust enforcers and courts have struggled to grapple with the rising importance of platforms in our increasingly digital economy. The new edition gives extensive attention to these developments, including:
- The Supreme Court’s decision in Ohio v. American Express
- Major enforcement actions against Apple, Facebook, and Google
- New Vertical Merger Guidelines
- Completely rewritten and streamlined introductory material in Chapter 1.
Professors and student will benefit from:
- Distinguished authorship: Original author Areeda was the leading antitrust commentator of the 20th century; Kaplow, Edlin, and Hemphill are leading lawyer-economists of the early 21st century.
- Pedagogy: Traditional casebook with cases, explanatory text, and problems.
- Insightful textual explanations convey essential background information and necessary economic principles.
- Adopted by experienced instructors and first-time teachers alike.
- Appendix includes selected statutes and the Sherman Act, the Clayton Act, and the Federal Trade Commission Act.
Teaching materials Include:
- Teacher’s Manual