Anxiety and Depression Workbook For Dummies, by Smith, Laura L.
- ISBN: 9781119867425 | 1119867428
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 4/19/2022
If you're one of the millions of people affected by—or whose loved ones are affected by—anxiety and depression, you're probably looking for strategies to help subdue or even transcend these debilitating and painful disorders. In that case, Anxiety and Depression Workbook For Dummies is a great place to start.
This book is filled with chapters that cut across diagnostic categories, incorporating treatment techniques based on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Emotion Focused Therapy, and Interpersonal Therapy. Use the techniques explored in this book to start making real changes, which can quickly lead to you feeling better. It also includes:
- Practical and hands-on descriptions of mindfulness-based practices you can implement immediately
- Brand-new updates to reflect modern changes in technology, social media, and the prevalence of loneliness
- Consideration of the pros and cons of medications and other biological interventions for depression and anxiety, including exploration of the placebo effect
- Additional worksheets online available for download
Perfect for anyone trying to work through the challenging issues presented by anxiety and depression, for those trying to help a loved one do the same thing, or for those in therapy, this book is an excellent supporting resource that can help contribute to positive changes in the lives of people affected by emotional distress.