Applied Psychology, by Davey, Graham C.
- ISBN: 9781119856740 | 1119856744
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 5/1/2023
A practical and easy-to-understand introduction to applied psychology
In the newly revised second edition of Applied Psychology, distinguished psychologist and author Graham Davey delivers an accessible introduction to the main areas of applied psychology from the perspectives of practitioners and researchers in the United Kingdom, Europe, and other parts of the world. It explains the core psychological knowledge and research that underpins the most commonly employed areas of applied psychology.
This latest edition adds eight brand new chapters that cover emerging topics in applied psychology, and extensive revisions to all other applied psychology chapters.
The book is accompanied by a resource website that offers a wide range of teaching and learning features, including a test bank, instructor slides, and a collection of professional and training chapters. Readers will also find:
- Thorough introductions to clinical, health, forensic, and educational psychology
- Comprehensive explorations of occupational, sport, and counselling psychology
- Practical discussions of coaching psychology, including the application of psychological theory during coaching
- Fulsome treatments of emerging topics in applied psychology, including environmental, consumer, community, and political psychology
Perfect for Level 1 introductory psychology students, Applied Psychology will also benefit Level 2 and 3 students seeking core theoretical and professional information and be valuable for Masters students training for future practice.