Assessing and Correcting Reading and Writing Difficulties, by Gunning, Thomas G.
- ISBN: 9780134516622 | 0134516621
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 1/3/2017
Note: This is the bound book only and does not include access to the Enhanced Pearson eText. To order the Enhanced Pearson eText packaged with a bound book, use ISBN 013451548X.
Comprehensive, practical, and up to date, Assessing and Correcting Reading and Writing Difficulties presents a wealth of examples and thorough coverage of procedures for assessing and instructing below-level readers and writers from pre-k through grade 12. The book covers virtually all aspects of assessment, including basic concepts of tests and measurements; standardized measures, and informal but highly regarded techniques. The book’s thorough, practical coverage of instructional techniques includes approaches for working with readers and writers who have the most severe difficulties. Some 46 sample lessons covering virtually every essential skill are presented and accompanied by numerous suggestions for practice and reinforcement, including the use of technology. The text takes the position that with the right kind of instruction and reinforcement, virtually all students can learn to read and write complex text, which is the foundation for being college- and career-ready.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
* The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.