Basic Contract Law for Paralegals, by Helewitz, Jeffrey A.
- ISBN: 9781543839531 | 1543839533
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 1/31/2022
A perennial favorite, Jeffrey A. Helewitz’s Basic Contract Law for Paralegals provides paralegal students with a comprehensive introduction to contract law
Basic Contract Law for Paralegals is a clear, comprehensive, and straightforward introduction to all the basics of contract law, specifically designed for paralegal students. Lively examples and well-crafted pedagogy cover all key topics in a contracts course—from offer, acceptance, and consideration, to discharge of obligations, and remedies. The text balances coverage of case law with professional skills development and culminates with a chapter that asks students to draft a standard contract. An appendix of twelve sample contracts provides a useful ongoing reference tool.
New to the Tenth Edition:
Major new cases address:
- Acceptance/non-acceptance of an offer by silence
- Online acceptance of an offer
- The capacity of a person suffering addiction to enter into a contract
- Ambiguous conditions and contract formation
- Battle of the Forms
- The impact of Covid-19 on the discharge of contract obligations
Professors and students will benefit from:
- Comprehensive, practical, and straightforward coverage of the basics of contract law, including a chapter on drafting simple contracts.
- Clearly written text and lively examples that help students understand the law.
- Well-crafted pedagogy that includes chapter overviews, highlighted examples, key terms, review questions, sample clauses for analysis, edited cases, chapter summaries, and end-of-chapter exercises.
- Manageable length that makes this book ideal for shorter courses.
- New end-of-chapter Quick Quizzes that provide a final self-check of students’ knowledge.
- Ethical problems at the end of each chapter that raise awareness of professional responsibility in practice
- Sample contracts in the Appendix
Teaching materials include:
- Instructor’s manual
- Test bank
- PowerPoint slides