- ISBN: 9781339053776 | 1339053772
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 4/2/2024
The Science of Reading research proves that mastering phonics is a key to a child's success in learning to read. The twelve stories in this set build readers' phonics skills one tiny step at a time so their confidence stays high! Playful text and silly illustrations keep readers coming back for more.
This collection is perfect for children who have never read Bob Books, or for children who have read Bob Books Beginning Readers or Bob Books More Beginning Readers and need more practice before moving on.
Inside this sturdy hardcover you'll find:
- 12 easy-to-read, hilarious stories: 12 pages each, 14-25 unique words per story
- A parent guide with tips for helping your child learn to read
Each story includes:
- Decodable text: Two- and three-letter words with short vowels that can be sounded out (cat, it, not, up)
- Very simple sentences (Sam has a pen.)
- Very limited sight words (a, of, the)
- Friendly, simple illustrations that add fun and do not distract from the words
Guided Reading Levels: B, C | Lexile® Measure: 0 - 130L | Bob Books Level: Stage 1
Ages: 4-6 | Grade Levels: PreK, Kindergarten
Bob Books' phonics-based method aligns with the body of research known as the Science of Reading, which proves that systemic phonics instruction is crucial to children's reading success. With simple phonics, playful stories, and silly illustrations, Bob Books keep young readers' confidence high, leading to continued success and a love of reading. Your child will soon join the millions of happy kids who say, "I read the whole book!"®