Building Codes Illustrated A Guide to Understanding the 2021 International Building Code, by Ching, Francis D. K.; Winkel, Steven R.
- ISBN: 9781119772408 | 1119772400
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 11/9/2021
STAY INFORMED OF THE LATEST UPDATES TO THE INTERNATIONAL BUILDING CODE WITH THE LEADING VISUAL REFERENCE
In the newly revised Seventh Edition of Building Codes Illustrated: A Guide to Understanding the 2021 International Building Code®, architectural drawing expert Francis D.K. Ching and well known architect Steven R. Winkel deliver a beautifully illustrated and intuitively written handbook for the 2021 International Building Code (IBC). The authors provide brand new chapters on plumbing fixture counts, elevators, special construction, and existing buildings while updating the remainder of the material to align with recent changes to the IBC.
Easy to navigate and perfect as a quick-reference guide to the IBC, Building Codes Illustrated is a valuable visual resource for emerging professionals.
The book also includes:
- Thorough introductions to navigating the Code, use and occupancy, special uses and occupancies, and building heights and areas
- Full explorations of the types of construction, fire resistive construction, interior finishes, fire-protection systems, and means of egress
- Practical discussions of accessibility, interior environment, exterior walls, roof assemblies, and structural provisions
- In-depth examinations of special inspections and tests, soils and foundations, building materials and systems, and elevators
Perfect for students of architecture, interior design, construction, and engineering, the latest edition of Building Codes Illustrated is also ideal for professionals in these fields seeking an up-to-date reference on the 2021 International Building Code.