Business Bankruptcy Financial Restructuring and Modern Commercial Markets [Connected eBook], by Levitin, Adam J.
- ISBN: 9781543847710 | 1543847714
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 9/22/2022
Buy a new version of this textbook and receive access to the Connected eBook on CasebookConnect, including: lifetime access to the online ebook with highlight, annotation, and search capabilities, plus an outline tool and other helpful resources. Connected eBooks provide what you need most to be successful in your law school classes.
Levitin’s Business Bankruptcy: Financial Restructuring and Modern Commercial Markets, Third Edition is a comprehensive textbook on business reorganization law, covering modern financing structures, out-of-court restructuring and Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
Business Bankruptcy: Financial Restructuring and Modern Commercial Markets provides students with a contemporary stand-alone business bankruptcy text. Designed to teach financial restructuring law in a realistic twenty-first century commercial context, the book uses problem sets to explore not only Chapter 7 and 11 bankruptcy, but also out-of-court restructuring, modern financial products and transactions, and advanced in-court restructuring topics.
New to the Third Edition:
- Coverage of Subchapter V small business reorganizations
- Expanded coverage of labor and pension issues
- Expanded coverage of sub rosa restructuring plans
- Expanded coverage of restructuring support agreements and rights offerings
- Revised coverage of fraudulent transfers
Professors and students will benefit from:
- Unique coverage of out-of-court restructuring providing students with realistic view of contemporary restructuring practice and shows what Chapter 11 adds to the financial restructuring toolkit.
- Detailed coverage of modern financial products and markets— derivatives, securitization, loan syndications, and claims trading—familiarizing students with the dynamics of the modern restructuring landscape.
- Comprehensive expository text clearly explains the operation of the Bankruptcy Code and the policy issues involved.
- In-depth case-studies contextualizing judicial decisions within larger strategic picture.
- Incorporation of actual deal documents, including a bond indenture, a loan syndication agreement, ISDA Master Agreement, and a restructuring support agreement.
- Modular design enabling optional coverage of advanced topics.