- ISBN: 9781543847178 | 154384717X
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 8/26/2022
Buy a new version of this textbook and receive access to the Connected eBook with Study Center on CasebookConnect, including: lifetime access to the online ebook with highlight, annotation, and search capabilities; practice questions from your favorite study aids; an outline tool and other helpful resources. Connected eBooks provide what you need most to be successful in your law school classes. Learn more about Connected eBooksThis book offers a current, and engaging approach to the study of business and business law by combining recent and classic cases, cutting edge topics, and problems-based learning.
Reflecting ongoing changes in the structure and regulation of modern business practice, Business Organizations: Cases, Problems, and Context offers a unique combination of doctrine, problems, and case studies. This book utterly avoids frustrating questions that students can’t answer and professors don’t want to spend class time answering. Recent, high-interest cases are balanced against classic teaching chestnuts. Brief, innovative problems are used throughout. Recent Delaware Supreme Court decisions, a strong Teacher’s Manual, and a collaborative community of users support a clear and sustained examination of the role and purview of the law in business transactions.
New to the Fifth Edition:
- New introductory chapter discussing the implications of emerging technologies, environmental and sustainability trends, and stakeholderism on business law
- New textual coverage of corporate board diversity, increased virtual shareholder meetings in the Covid-19 pandemic, and resurgence of Caremark claims
- Additions of new cases, including Marchand v. Barnhill, AmerisourceBergen Corp. v. Lebanon County Employees’ Retirement Fund, and In Re Williams Companies Stockholder Litigation
- Shorter cases, and the case studies from prior editions pulled into a separate volume
- an engaging introductory chapter that introduces how emerging technologies (blockchain, smart contracts, and artificial intelligence) and sustainability goals are transforming the organization and governance of business entities
- a discriminating selection of fresh cases and classics
- in-depth coverage of how the law applies to modern business structures (such as joint ventures, venture capital arrangements, franchises, and new limited liability business forms) as well as growth industries
- short problems after selected topics give students practice applying the legal principles covered in that section
- hybrid entities treated in detail, including a separate chapter on limited liability companies
- a companion volume of case studies styled on the B-school model that provide opportunities for in-depth analysis of the law in business transactions