Canine and Feline Liver Cytology, by Masserdotti, Carlo
- ISBN: 9781119895541 | 1119895545
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 10/24/2023
Specialist reference with practical guidance on liver pathology in a clinical and anatomical context
Canine and Feline Liver Cytology is a practical and highly illustrated manual with detailed descriptions of cytological features of hepatic diseases and numerous high-quality illustrations to aid in reader comprehension. The primary aim of the text is to describe the correlation of cytological findings with pathological processes in order to provide useful information to clinicians in management of hepatic diseases.
Canine and Feline Liver Cytology includes information on:
- General bases for interpretation of hepatic cytology, covering limits of cytology, value of cytology for a definitive diagnosis, and relationship with clinical data
- A specific reversible injury to hepatocytes, covering hepatocellular swelling, steroid induced hepatopathy, hepatocellular steatosis, and feathery degeneration
- Irreversible injury to hepatocytes, covering necrosis and apoptosis, and inflammation, covering neutrophilic, eosinophilic, macrophagic, and lymphoplasmacytic inflammation
- Intra and extracytoplasmic pathologic accumulation, covering lipofuscin, copper, iron, eosinophilic granules, protein droplet, bile, and amyloid
- Chronic hepatic diseases, with focus on cytological features of fibrosis
- Diseases of biliary tract and gallbladder
- Neoplastic diseases, covering epithelial, mesenchymal and round cell tumors
Canine and Feline Liver Cytology enables readers to interpret all the cytopathological changes in liver pathology and the relationship with clinical primary and secondary causes, eventually with histopathological diagnosis, making it a highly valuable resource for veterinary practitioners and students.