- ISBN: 9781119580355 | 1119580358
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 12/3/2020
Discover comprehensive coverage of leading research and theory in career psychology with the newest edition of a canonical work
The newly revised and thoroughly updated third edition of Career Development and Counseling retains many features of the celebrated second edition, including in-depth coverage of major theories of career development, interventions and assessment systems across the life span, and the roles of diversity, individual differences, and social factors in career development.
This new edition also covers essential new material on emerging topics like:
- The future of work and preparing people for work in the new economy
- The psychology of working theory
- Working with older adults and retirees
- Working with the unemployed and underemployed
- Calling, work meaning, career adaptability, and volition
This book illuminates scientifically informed career practices from an interdisciplinary perspective, engaging readers with concrete strategies and practical tips for working with clients of all kinds. Drawing on vocational, industrial, organizational, and personality psychology, Career Development and Counseling is ideal for graduate students at the masters and doctoral levels in counseling, counseling psychology, counselor education, and educational psychology.