Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
- ISBN: 9780071827713 | 0071827714
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 10/16/2013
Leading-edge VoIP technologies, tools, and standardsEfficiently deliver voice, data, and multimedia content over today's always-on broadband networks with guidance from this fully updated resource. Carrier-Grade VoIP, Third Edition, shows how to set up and administer a highly reliable unified communications platform using the latest tools. Find out how to choose from the complete spectrum of codecs, enable new HD voice and video services, handle security, and maintain optimal QoS. This comprehensive guide offers start-to-finish details on carrier-grade VoIP network design, troubleshooting, and interconnection.
- HD voice services
- Internet, IP, and VoIP standards
- Speech-coding techniques
- H.323 and multimedia conferencing
- SIP messages and architecture
- The SS7 protocol suite
- Interconnecting VoIP networks
- QoS policies and enforcement
- Security and privacy issues
- VoIP network design