The Codes Guidebook for Interiors, by Kennon, Katherine E.; Harmon, Sharon K.
- ISBN: 9781119720959 | 1119720958
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 1/19/2022
If you are involved with the design or management of buildings and spaces, it is important to remain up-to-date on the ever-evolving codes and standards that keep communities safe. With over 80,000 copies sold, The Codes Guidebook for Interiors continues to provide comprehensive explanations of the major codes and standards applicable to commercial and residential interior projects. The easily navigable format gives clear perspective to how these often confusing concepts and requirements are integrated into real world practice, helping designers incorporate the relevant standards into their projects. Updated with the most recent changes and insights to the codes and standards of the ICC, NFPA, ANSI, ADA, and other standards, the Eighth Edition provides unparalleled and integrated guidance on building safety, accessibility, sustainability, energy efficiency, and more.
Updates to the Eighth Edition include:
- Explanations of code requirements, highlighting the latest changes in the 2018 and 2021 ICC codes, including the International Building Code and the NFPA’s Life Safety Code
- Clarifications to how and when the ADA, ABA and the ICC/ANSI accessibility requirements will apply to a project
- Introduction to the codes and standards that address sustainability in typical projects
- In-depth examinations of fire and smoke resistant assemblies, fire protection systems, and plumbing and mechanical requirements
- A companion website with printable study flashcards, instructor’s manual, and PowerPoint slides for use in academic settings
- Digital and printable code checklists that can guide code research for professional projects and use in a design studio
Current, practical, and relevant to nearly any interior or architectural project, The Codes Guidebook for Interiors provides invaluable insight and reference for both student and professional interior designers and architects.