- ISBN: 9781119328049 | 1119328047
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 2/4/2019
The essential guide to controlling and managing today’s communicable diseases
The fourth edition of Communicable Disease Control and Health Protection Handbook offers public health workers of all kinds an authoritative and up-to-date guide to current protocols surrounding the identification and control of infectious diseases. With its concise, accessible design, the book is a practical tool that can be relied upon to explain topics ranging from the basic principles of communicable disease control to recent changes and innovations in health protection practice. Major syndromes and individual infections are insightfully addressed, while the authors also outline the WHO’s international health regulations and the organizational arrangements in place in all EU nations.
New to the fourth edition are chapters on Ebola, the Zika virus, and other emerging pandemics. In addition, new writing on healthcare-associated infection, migrant and refugee health, and the importance of preparedness make this an essential and relevant text for all those in the field. This vital resource:
- Reflects recent developments in the science and administration of health protection practice
- Covers topics such as major syndromes, control of individual infections, main services and activities, arrangements for all European countries, and much more
- Includes new chapters on the Zika virus, Schistosomiasis, Coronavirus including MERS + SARS, and Ebola
- Follows a format designed for ease of use and everyday consultation
Created to provide public and environmental health practitioners, physicians, epidemiologists, infection control nurses, microbiologists and trainees with a straightforward – yet informative – resource, Communicable Disease Control and Health Protection Handbook is a practical companion for all those working the field today.