Complexity Leadership, by Crowell, Diana M.; Boynton, Beth
- ISBN: 9780803699069 | 0803699069
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 1/9/2020
Lead effectively in today’s complex health systems!
- Understand the complex adaptive systems of today’s healthcare organizations.
- Apply a new model of leadership to achieve better outcomes and greater success.
- Use real-world case studies to learn how to apply theory to practice.
- Build your self-awareness and discover new ways to lead.
As hospitals and healthcare organizations strive to meet standards to achieve status in the Magnet Hospital Recognition Program and address the issues in the Institute of Medicine’s Nursing Work Force Issues Initiative, they must be able to respond in ways that embrace rapid change.
The 3rd Edition of this groundbreaking text addresses the leadership roles advanced practice nurses can assume in this new environment. It defines the concept of complexity and teaches the leadership skills that are best suited for complex adaptive systems, while also enabling you to build the self-awareness you need to learn new ways to lead. Case studies help you apply your new skills and prepare for your advanced practice roles.
Must read for nurses.“A refreshing look at leadership! Everyone in healthcare should be aware of these principles.”—Joyce, Online Reviewer