CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 Cert Guide, Academic Edition, by Prowse, David L.
- ISBN: 9780789759122 | 0789759128
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 12/1/2017
Learn, prepare, and practice for CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 exam success with this CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 Cert Guide, Academic Edition from Pearson IT Certification, a leader in IT Certification learning. The companion website features three complete practice exams, complete video solutions to hands-on labs, plus interactive flash-based simulations that include drag-and-drop and matching to reinforce the learning.
· Master the CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 exam topics
· Assess your knowledge with chapter-ending quizzes
· Reinforce your knowledge of key concepts with chapter review activities
· Practice with realistic exam questions online
· Includes complete video solutions to hands-on labs, plus interactive simulations on key exam topics
· Work through Flash Cards in Q&A and glossary term format
· Includes free access to the Premium Edition eBook
CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 Cert Guide, Academic Edition includes video solutions to the hands-on labs, practice tests, and interactive simulations that let the reader learn by doing. Best-selling author and expert instructor David L. Prowse shares preparation hints and test-taking tips, helping you identify areas of weakness and improve both your conceptual knowledge and hands-on skills. Material is presented in a concise manner, focusing on increasing your understanding and retention of exam topics.
The book presents you with an organized test-preparation routine through the use of proven series elements and techniques. Exam topic lists make referencing easy. Chapter review activities help you drill on key concepts you must know thoroughly. Review questions help you assess your knowledge, and a final preparation chapter guides you through tools and resources to help you craft your approach to passing the exam.
The companion Academic Edition website contains the powerful Pearson Test Prep practice test engine, with three complete practice exams and hundreds of exam-realistic questions and free access to the Premium Edition eBook. The assessment engine offers you a wealth of customization options and reporting features, laying out a complete assessment of your knowledge to help you focus your study where it is needed most. Work through Flash Cards in Q&A and glossary term format to help reinforce your knowledge of key concepts and facts. The Academic Edition companion site also includes complete video solutions to hands-on labs in the book and interactive simulations on key exam topics to reinforce the learning by doing. Learn activities such as testing password strength, matching the type of malware with its definition, finding security issues in the network map, and disallowing a user to access the network on Saturday and Sunday.
Well regarded for its level of detail, assessment features, and challenging review questions and exercises, this CompTIA study guide helps you master the concepts and techniques that will allow you to succeed on the exam the first time.
The CompTIA study guide helps you master all the topics on the Security+ exam, including
· Core computer system security
· OS hardening and virtualization
· Application security
· Network design elements and threats
· Perimeter security
· Network media and devices security
· Physical security and authentication models
· Access control
· Vulnerability and risk assessment
· Monitoring and auditing
· Cryptography, including PKI
· Redundancy and disaster recovery
· Policies and procedures