Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
- ISBN: 9780135227565 | 0135227569
- Cover: Loose-leaf
- Copyright: 12/5/2018
Corequisite Support for College Algebra: Concepts through Functions is designed to accompany College Algebra: Concepts through Functions, A Corequisite Solution, 4/e by Michael Sullivan, Michael Sullivan III, Jessica Bernards, and Wendy Fresh. It provides developmental support content tailored for the corequisite support course, available in both an eText and a loose-leaf, binder-ready format.
- This support text provides key beginning algebra review and intermediate algebra topics with explanations, definitions, examples, and homework problems. This content is drawn largely from Sullivan’s Intermediate Algebra, 4th Edition and has been thoughtfully edited to include only the key concepts needed for a corequisite course.
- Each section in the text opens to a Quick Response (QR) code that enables students to access all the videos for that section. Students can simply use a QR scanner from their smartphones for easy access to the popular Author in Action lecture videos, select end-of-section exercise videos, and the Chapter Test Prep videos.
- A variety of exercise types throughout each section includes:
- Building Skills exercises that develop students’ understanding of the procedures and skills in working with the methods presented in the section.
- Mixed Practice exercises that offer comprehensive skill assessment by asking students to relate multiple concepts or objectives.
- Quick Check exercises that follow the examples, allowing students to apply what they have just learned. These are numbered as the first problems in each section’s exercise set, making them assignable as homework, and giving an easy way refer back to the relevant examples for extra help. Quick Checks include fill-in-the-blank and True/False questions to assess students’ understanding of vocabulary and formulas. They are numbered as part of the homework set, and are assignable in MyLab™ Math for instructors.
- Classroom Activities are available for instructors to use with students on the developmental support topics and are found in MyLab Math under Instructor Resources. Being able to engage your students in the developmental content through an activity will build key mathematical concepts. Activities such as station mazes, math scavenger hunts, and math puzzles engage students and allow them to work together in a meaningful way to flush out misconceptions and gain a deeper understanding.
- Corequisite Worksheets, available for download in the MyLab course, offer additional practice exercises of intermediate algebra topics with ample space for students to show their work.