- ISBN: 9780134059068 | 0134059069
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 1/7/2016
For two-semester courses in astronomy.
Teaching the Process of Science through Astronomy
Building on a long tradition of effective pedagogy and comprehensive coverage, The Cosmic Perspective, Eighth Edition provides a thoroughly engaging and up-to-date introduction to astronomy for non-science majors. This text offers a wealth of features that enhance student understanding of the process of science and actively engage students in the learning process for key concepts. The fully updated Eighth Edition includes the latest scientific discoveries, revises several subjects based on our most current understanding of the cosmos, and now emphasizes deeper understanding of the twists and turns of the process of science and the relevance of concepts to student’s lives.
This text is also available in two volumes, which can be purchased separately:
- The Cosmic Perspective: The Solar System, Eighth Edition (includes Chapters 1–13, 14, S1, 24)
- The Cosmic Perspective: Stars, Galaxies, and Cosmology, Eighth Edition (includes Chapters 1-3, S1, 4–6, S2–S4, 14–24)
Also available as a Pearson eText or packaged with Mastering Astronomy
Pearson eText is a simple-to-use, mobile-optimized, personalized reading experience that can be adopted on its own as the main course material. It lets students highlight, take notes, and review key vocabulary all in one place, even when offline. Seamlessly integrated videos and other rich media engage students and give them access to the help they need, when they need it. Educators can easily share their own notes with students so they see the connection between their eText and what they learn in class — motivating them to keep reading, and keep learning.
Mastering Astronomy is the leading online homework, tutorial, and assessment system, designed to improve results by engaging students before, during, and after class with powerful content. Instructors ensure students arrive ready to learn by assigning educationally effective content before class, and encourage critical thinking and retention with in-class resources. Students can further master concepts after class through homework assignments that provide interactivity, hints and answer-specific feedback.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone book; Pearson eText and Mastering Astronomy do not come packaged with this content. Students, ask your instructor for the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
If your instructor has assigned Pearson eText as your main course material, search for:
• 0135234441 / 9780135234440 Pearson eText The Cosmic Perspective, 8/e -- Access Card
• 0135234417 / 9780135234419 Pearson eText The Cosmic Perspective, 8/e -- Instant Access
If you would like to purchase both the physical text and Mastering Astronomy, search for:
0134058291 / 9780134058290 Cosmic Perspective Plus MasteringAstronomy with eText -- Access Card Package, The
Package consists of:
- 0134059069 / 9780134059068 Cosmic Perspective, The
- 0134080572 / 9780134080574 MasteringAstronomy with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for The Cosmic Perspective
- 0321765184 / 9780321765185 SkyGazer 5.0 Student Access Code Card (Integrated component)