Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
- ISBN: 9781118553978 | 1118553977
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 1/28/2014
Fully revised to reflect today’s media environment, this new edition of Critical Media Studies offers students a comprehensive introduction to the field and demonstrates how to think critically about the power and influence of media in our daily lives.
- Presents an engaging and comprehensive introduction to a broad range of critical approaches to the field written in an accessible way
- Features a new chapter on sociological analysis that reveals how audiences use media in their everyday lives to manage social roles, relationships, and contexts
- Offers substantial updates to examples used in the book to reflect contemporary industry standards, textual forms, and audience behaviors
- Delivers up-to-date media references that resonate with today’s undergraduates
- Updated with more global examples for broader appeal
- Enhanced online resources, including PowerPoint slides, test bank, study guides and sample assignments, available upon publication at www.wiley.com/go/criticalmediastudies