Cultures of Thinking in Action 10 Mindsets to Transform our Teaching and Students Learning, by Ritchhart, Ron
- ISBN: 9781119901068 | 1119901065
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 6/27/2023
From leading educational researcher Ron Ritchhart, a deep dive that illuminates what the foundational mindsets needed to create cultures of thinking really looks like in action.
Building on the framework presented in the best-selling Creating Cultures of Thinking, Ron Ritchhart’s new book, Cultures of Thinking in Action, takes the next step in helping readers not only understand how a culture of thinking looks and feels, but also how to create it for themselves and their learners. Arguing that no set of practices or techniques alone is sufficient to create a culture of thinking in and of itself, Ritchhart explores the underlying beliefs that motivate the creation of cultures of thinking, presenting key mindsets every educator and leader needs to embrace if they are serious about creating powerful thinkers and learners.
Much more than just an instructional guide, Cultures of Thinking in Action offers readers a reflective journey into their own teaching, leading, and parentingwhile providing the foundation and concrete strategies needed to create and develop a culture of thinking for all learners.
- Presents ten foundational mindsets of a culture of thinking
- Includes the latest research of the Cultures of Thinking Project
- Includes questions, exercises, and discussion prompts to inspire reflection by individuals and teams
- Provides case studies and best practice scenarios to exemplify each mindset
- Provides useful data collection tools to inform one’s teaching practice